It’s no secret, you can’t get six pack abs if your stomach is covered with fat. Cardiovascular exercise is a great way to burn the fat and let the abs shine through. Below are a few tips you can use to improve your cardio workout and get six pack abs fast! Remember, cardio and crunches won’t get you a six pack – you also need to eat properly – high protein, low fat, at or below maintenance!!!
1. Empty Stomach – studies have shown that cardio on an empty stomach can promote fat loss.
2. Mix It Up – Don’t do the same cardio workouts day after day. You’ll get bored and your body will adapt to your workout making it less effective.
3. Stretch - You can’t do your cardio (or even workout) if you’re injured. Stretching prevents injury.
4. Monitor your Heart Rate - It’s important to know if you’re working too hard (or not hard enough) to maximize your fat loss.
5. HIIT Training! – Recent studies have shown that High Intensity Interval Training burns more fat than fixed interval training (running at the same pace for an hour). Try mixing in HIIT to your cardio to burn more fat.