Here is another recipe to incorporate the super-food Quinoa into your diet. This quinoa veggie burger recipe contains no meat, and is a great source of protein for those on a meatless vegetarian diet, but can also be eaten by people on any kind of diet. The benefits of Quinoa should be enjoyed by all! This recipe creates 2 burgers. Each burger contains 300 calories, 4.5g fat, 18g protein. This burger would go great with a side of rice, or frozen peas… or both, depending on your daily caloric intake.
- 1/2 c Quinoa
- 1 c chicken stock/broth
- 1/2 c chickpeas (garbonzo beans)
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/4 of a red pepper
- 1/2 stick of celery
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa on stovetop in the chicken broth.
- Finley dice/grind carrots, red pepper, celery (I recommed Vitamix blender) Set aside.
- Vitamix/blend the quinoa and chickpeas on high
- Combine veggie mix and quinoa mixture together in medium sized bowl and mix well
- add egg whites and mix well
- add thyme, cumin, paprika and black pepper and mix well.
- Form mixture into 2 patties, and cook in frying pan approximately 6 mintues (or until desired temp. is reached)