This is an original chest workout. I am a big NFL football fan, and love watching the draft as well as the combine. One of the combine events is the bench press. Future NFL stars must bench press 225 lbs. for as many reps as possible in one set. From time to time, I like to rep out on the bench press with 225 lbs just for fun to see where I would be next to the monsters of the NFL. Today I was able to get 31 reps of 225 lbs. on the bench press, (my record is 33). I was pretty satisfied with that. After the 31 reps, I continued on with a full chest workout that included heavy incline bench press, heavy dips, decline bench press, and static arm DB press. After all of these exercises, I attempted to rep out on flat bench with 225 lbs. again, and was only able to manage 5 reps. That is when I knew I had put in a good chest day. Below is a video of the full workout and a list of the exercises, sets, and reps performed.
- Flat Bench Press: 1 set 225 lbs to failure
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets/ 4-6 reps
- Weighted Dips: 4 sets/5-10 reps (increasing weight each set)
- Decline Bench press: 3 sets/ 4-6 reps
- Static Arm DB press: 4 sets/ 4-6 reps (per arm)
- Flat Bench Press: 1 set 225lbs to failure