Read the back of many popular weight-loss products and you’ll find most of them have one thing in-common – they contain green tea. It has been scientifically proven that green tea burns calories and blocks fat absorption. Many diet pills can contain harmful ingredients and can be quite dangerous. Straight-up green tea, however, is not dangerous in any respect and can be utilized for weight loss!
Green Tea Burns Fat
To understand how green tea burns fat, we first need to understand how the body produces fat. Foods we consume are synthesized into triglycerides in the liver and small intestine.These Triglycerides are then transported into the bloodstream for use. Triglycerides are used as energy in the body and are necessary for body functions. Excess triglycerides are turned into fat which are stored and deposited throughout the body. Green tea contains high amounts of polyphenols – a triglyceride dissolving enzyme activator. Hence, green tea aids in the body’s natural fat burning mechanisms!
Here are A Few Facts About Green Tea
- Green Tea is a diuretic that removes excess water weight from your body.
- Catechins contained in Green Tea promote a thermogenic state inside your your body.
- Green Tea can prevent insulin levels from rising by promoting slow digesting of carbohydrates which in-turn causes your body to burn fat.
- Green Tea has been shown to stop the movement of sugar into fat cells.
- Research has shown you can burn 35-to-45% more fat during the day when you drink 24-40 oz of Green Tea.
It’s no wonder green tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. Combining green tea with regular, healthy diet and exercise will maximize the benefits of your green-tea consumption for weight loss. Using green tea for weight loss should be no different than any other supplement.