One question I get over and over is “what is a good mass gainer”. While there are plenty of good gainers on the market, the truth is a good mass gainer is one that has lots of calories and a nice balance of protein and carbohydrates. Also, if you are taking other supplements, you might not have it in your budget to purchase a mass gainer from a retail outlet. Below is a recipe for a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Homemade Mass Gainer Shake. This shake is very high in protein, carbs and can contain as much fat as you want to throw in (PB, olive oil).
- 1c skim milk (or almond/soy milk)
- 1tbsp natural peanut butter (add more for more calories)
- 1c oats – blended into oat flour
- 1 banana
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- Splenda/Stevia to taste
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Olive oil for even more calories
Just blend everything together and you’ll have a shake that contains 600+ calories, 50g carbs and 50+g protein.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Homemade Mass Gainer Shake Recipe
- Homemade mass gainer
- homemade mass gainer shake
- homemade mass gainer recipes